CDS Crypto News Breaking Airdrop News – Are You Ready for the ZK Airdrop? Here’s What You Need to Know
Crypto News

Breaking Airdrop News – Are You Ready for the ZK Airdrop? Here’s What You Need to Know

37
Breaking Airdrop News - Are You Ready for the ZK Airdrop? Here's What You Need to Know

Breaking Airdrop News – Things You Should Know About the Upcoming ZK Airdrop

Breaking Airdrop News - Things You Should Know About the Upcoming ZK Airdrop
Breaking Airdrop News - Are You Ready for the ZK Airdrop? Here's What You Need to Know 1

Breaking Airdrop News – The principal development company of the layer-2 network ZKsync Era, Matter Labs, has formally revealed the requirements for its eagerly anticipated ZK token airdrop. 17.5% of ZK’s 21 billion token supply will be airdropped to customers starting “next week,” according to the plan unveiled today.

Similar to other layer-2 networks, ZKsync Era markets itself as an inexpensive and efficient means of sending Ethereum transactions. With just less than 3.7 billion tokens flowing to consumers, Matter Labs claims that the ZK airdrop would be the “largest distribution of tokens to users amongst major L2s.” As per the distribution plan, ZKsync users—defined as everyone who has transacted on ZKsync and fulfilled a specified activity criteria—will receive 89% of the airdrop (a precise threshold was not supplied). The remaining 11% will be distributed to ecosystem participants, including builders (2.4%), on-chain communities (2.8%), and zkSync native projects (5.8%).

Matter Labs Faces Heavy Criticism Over Name Choice

Matter Labs Faces Heavy Criticism Over Name Choice
Breaking Airdrop News - Are You Ready for the ZK Airdrop? Here's What You Need to Know 2

The announcement of the airdrop coincides with the ongoing criticism that Matter Labs is seeing from its layer-2 competitors on its choice to trademark the term “ZK,” which stands for “zero-knowledge” cryptography and is the fundamental technology that underpins both ZKsync and numerous other blockchain initiatives. Matter Labs dropped its trademark application, which it initially said it pursued to protect its consumers against projects with identical names and token tickers, in response to criticism from the cryptocurrency community.

We have put a lot of thought into the design of the airdrop. No matter what you do, some people are going to be disappointed

Alex Gluchowski, the CEO of Matter Labs

FAQ

What is a Token Airdrop?

Token airdrops are a type of marketing stunt where a cryptocurrency project or organization deposits coins or tokens into several digital wallets without permission in an attempt to attract attention and promote cryptocurrency adoption.

What is a zkSync Era?

Built on Ethereum, zkSync Era is a trustless Layer 2 blockchain scaling solution that uses zero-knowledge rollups to enable faster and less expensive transactions on its network without sacrificing security.

For more up-to-date crypto news, you can follow Crypto Data Space.

Breaking Airdrop News - Are You Ready for the ZK Airdrop? Here's What You Need to Know
Written by
lectertodd

Lectertodd is 25 years old. She graduated from Çankaya University, Department of Psychology, in 2021. She actively works as a writer, translator, and editor for various websites. Moreover, she loves reading, researching, and learning new things.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Related Articles

Crypto News- CertiK Researchers Involved in Kraken’s $3 Million Attack

CertiK researchers have been implicated in the $3 million bug attack against...

Breaking Crypto News – MicroStrategy’s Approach to Buying Bitcoin with a $800M Note Offering

Breaking Crypto News - MicroStrategy's Approach to Buying Bitcoin with a $800M...

Crypto News- Italy Plans Tighter Crypto Market Surveillance, Imposes Fines Up to 5 Million Euros

Italy is strengthening its oversight of risks associated with the cryptocurrency market.

Breaking Crypto News – Storm Partners Perspective: Exploring the Future of Crypto Investments with Bitcoin ETFs

Breaking Crypto News - Storm Partners Perspective: Exploring the Future of Crypto...